Check out this fascinating article on nationalgeographic.com
about the Bombardier Beetle, which can create 500 explosions per second in it’s bum! Your kids might not be as gassy as you think!
Here’s a link:
How this beetle creates 500 explosions per second in its bum
We are offering several locations for Summer Camps:
Prince of Peace Christian School in Carrollton, Texas
Carrollton Christian Academy
Camps fill up fast so register today!
I cannot say enough great things about the program run by J. Michael Hall, founder of Strong Fathers! He comes to my kids’ school in Carrollton, and presents the program both in Spanish and in English! Just went to Math Night and soon he will be presenting a Science Night, which last year involved making catapults from mousetraps! Ouch! Can’t wait to see what is next for Science Night for my kids and myself! He knows the importance of Dads in the lives of kids, and Dads need to know how important they are!
I am beyond excited because we are finally offering our after school programs at POPCS!
Join us for Winter Session 1 as we do experiments such as:
- Glowing Extravaganza! Join us in the KidzScience Concoction Lab as we experiment with different glowing polymers…..extremely messy! Beware!
- Water Wonders: join us as we grow cool things in the lab!
- Let there be Light: Join us as we learn about light and diffraction and take home cool glasses!
- Blown Away by Science: experiment with air and see your lungs do amazing feats!
- Catawhat? Prepare for battle with your own catapult!
- Biology Blast: examine what a Raptor had for lunch!
- Mining 101…learn about prospecting and pan for your own gems and minerals!
- KidzScience in the Kitchen: enjoy tasty science as we make cool structures to eat!
When: Thursdays, 3:15-4:15 pm
Who: 1st – 5th
Experiments change each session!
Science Is Fun and we will prove it!
We ENHANCE S.T.E.M. Learning with Hands-on and Fun Science!
To register, click this link: http://kidzscience.eventbee.com/event?eid=187520282
Here is a sister site to the coolmath.com website. My kids really love Coolmath.com because it has many fun and EDUCATIONAL games they can play, and some games are actually created so 2 kids can play at the same time, eliminating the DREADED “it’s my turn on the computer, DAD!!!!.” I checked out Sciencemonster.com and it looks like fun, especially since school has just started and they are in “learning mode” again!
When the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources posted on its Facebook page that giant fishing spiders had been spotted around the state the news was shared more than 10,000 times. More than 2,000 comments were received….
Click Here for entire article on Nationalgeographic.com